Search
Left Quote    Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.
- Wilson Mizner    
Right Quote

[login] | [Register]
Forum Index » Site and Forum Bugs » Viewing Topic and Replies

Viewing Topic: tutorials don't show the author
  This user is offline  misterhaan
  Subject: "tutorials don't show the author" Posted: @ 8:18 pm on Oct 13 2005   

Member #: 5
Since: 02/11/05

i was poking around the tutorials and noticed that the author of a tutorial only seems to be displayed when you're viewing the listing of one of the tutorial categories. when viewing the actual tutorial it doesn't seem to say who wrote it anywhere, and it's also not there in the most recently added tutorials listing. not sure if you need to add it everywhere, but i think it would be nice to have it when you're reading the tutorial.

please note that the above post is likely made up in its entirety.
    Viewed: 4,927 Times | Reply to This | To top
  This user is offline  bs0d
  Subject: "re: tutorials don't show the autho..." Posted: @ 9:03 pm on Oct 13 2005    

Member #: 1
Since: 02/06/05

Yea, you're right. Its only displayed in the category listing... I wasnt sure if i wanted it to be dislayed within every page of the tutorial. But i also constructed the design of the category listing before the forums were made, so now I can also link the author name to their profile page. where I will also display "this members tutorials/code ".

so basically its sort of out of date. 90% of the tutorials are by me, but once people begin to contribute and would also like their name on the pages of the tutorial, I dont see that as a problem (probably just include it after the name of the tutorial at the top)

i've got alot of ideas for the profiles, like the tutorials/code contributed (if any) /per member. Also, I could display their ratings on other articles or code. AND i'd like to implement some sort of rating system for those who have contributed content and helped on the forums and such.

will take time, but thats whats on my mind for it. In summary, I can link authors names if registered (should be?) and add their name to the pages no problem!

-bs0d | AllSyntax.com

Viewed: 4,920 Times | Reply to This | To top
Viewing Page: 1 of 1

1 |

You must be logged in to post on the forums. Login or Register

"AllSyntax.com" Copyright © 2002-2018; All rights lefted, all lefts righted.
Privacy Policy  |  Internet Rank